Pennosan does not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties. All payments are processed through secure payment gateways provided by PayPal.
General Data Protection Regulation
Pennosan is committed to protecting and safeguarding your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection act 1998 and the GDPR 2016). This policy explains how data is used, stored and the individuals’ rights to that data. For individuals wishing to purchase from Pennosan the following details how we will treat your data.
What we collect: Pennosan collects data associated with orders, this includes name, contact details, other information that you choose to send to us and order history, information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views). Pennosan does not collect payment information such as card details.
What we do with that data: Pennosan uses this data to fulfil customer orders including the shipping of products, invoice receipts and analytical reports where follow up is required.
How do we look after your data: We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall-protected) servers. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet..
What are your rights to data we hold:
- The right to data portability – To be provided with your data in a format that can be transferred to another service.
- The data subject’s right to access to information – To know where and how the information is used.
- The right of correction, technically known as the right to rectification – If your data is incorrect you can request rectification.
- You are entitled to restrict or object to our use of your data, while retaining the right to use your personal information for your own purposes. You have the right to opt out of data about you being used in decisions based solely on automated processing.
- The right to be forgotten (erasure) – Request that Pennosan deletes all data held on you.
- The rights to restrict processing – You permit Pennosan to hold data but not to make further use of it.
- Feel free to contact us if you have any concerns or questions about how we handle your data and personal information.
- You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes).
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website.
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- enable your use of the services available on the website.
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
- provide third parties with anonymous statistical information about our users.
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We may ask for personal information, such as your name, email address and physical address. We do NOT collect your payment details, as all payments are processed through PayPal.
We only request this information when you interact with our site services like shopping and transacting on our site.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention).
Third party websites
The website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third-party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.